To apply for a mobility device from the Rachel Swart Fund, a licensed occupational or physiotherapist with training in seating must complete an application form for each beneficiary, including all supporting documentation.
We are no longer accepting PDF or hardcopy applications. Please fill out our online form or download our mobile app (instructions below).
To qualify for Rachel Swart Fund assistance, beneficiaries must show evidence of meeting the following requirements :
- Have a household income of less than 10,000 ZAR including any government grants
- Be on a government hospital waiting list, or demonstrate that the device requested is not available on the government tender
- Have a completed application form with supplementary documentation:
- Copy of ID document for beneficiary and parent/guardian (if applicable)
- Birth certificate
- Bank statements if income is above 10,000 ZAR or if any household member is employed
- Full detailed motivation
- Device quotation (if available)
- Evidence of waiting list**
**Evidence of the waiting list serves to ensure that the government recognizes the need for specific devices.
Download our mobile app*
- Download and open KoBo Collect from the Google Play store on your Android device (*not compatible with IOS)
- Click the three dots in the upper right corner, and select Admin Settings
- Choose Import/Export Settings, then Scan code from other devices.
- Scan the QR code provided
- Click Get Blank Forms, and then choose the Rachel Swart Fund
- Click Get Selected, and fill out the form
For help filling out the application, contact us for details.